How You Can Help
We all must contribute to enrich the lives of others
One Way to Giving Back - Make Connections
- The longest-lived and healthiest people are those with connections to something outside themselves.
- For over two decades, research has shown that people with few social connections are far more likely to have poor mental health, poor physical health, and die prematurely.
- Social support networks extend life.
- Taking care of someone or something outside yourself is life extending and health enriching.
- People who are connected to their extended families, or to their religious institutions or communities, or who spend time volunteering and helping others rate themselves as happier, more satisfied and more fulfilled.